The Analysis of Questions Quality at Higher Order Thinking Skill (HOTS) in Chemistry Subjects (Hydrocarbon, Petroleum, and Thermochemistry) of Class XI at SMA Negeri 5 Yogyakarta
Keywords:Question Items, HOTS, Hydrocarbons, Petroleum, Thermochemistry, Anates 4.0.9
This study aims to analyze the quality items of the Higher Order Thinking Skill (HOTS) in chemistry subjects (Hydrocarbons, Petroleum, and Thermochemistry) in the odd semester of class XI of SMA Negeri 5 Yogyakarta. The research method uses development model, an R&D (research and development) to produce products, and test the effectiveness of the product. The subject of class XI MIPA students in 2021/2022 amounted to 93 students. The Analysis using the Anates program of 4.0.9 to test the quality items, reliability, difficulty level, discriminatory power, and effectiveness of distractors. The results show that 1) the questions reliability is 0.890 (Reliable), 2) the distinguishing power of the quality items in the good category is 25 questions (83.3%), while the remaining 5 questions (16.7%) are in the bad category, 3) the level of difficulty in the range of 13.98 - 80.65, it means that 28 questions have a good level of difficulty, 4) there are 27 significant questions correlation, 5) the quality of the distractors is good, because the answer options are not too far from the answer key. Based on the overall item-based analysis aspect, it was concluded that 25 question items (83.3%) of Higher Order Thinking Skill (HOTS) in chemistry subjects had good quality, and the remaining 5 question (16.7%) were not used. Suggestions for teachers and question makers need to select and equalize the level of difficulty of the questions to be tested.
Skill (HOTS) dalam Kurikulum 2013”, Jurnal Edudeena, Vol. 2, No.1, Januari 2018, h. 61.
Purwanto, N. (2014). Evaluasi Hasil Belajar. Yogjakarta : Pustaka Belajar.
Syarifah Fazira, Dkk, Analisis Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) Siswa Kelas XI Pada Materi Sistem Pernapasan SMAN Plus Provinsi Riau Tahun Ajaran, Jurnal Pelita Pendidikan, Vol.07, No.04, Oktober 2019, H. 145.
Tim Masmedia Buana Pustaka, Kimia Untuk SMA/MA Kelas XI. (Bandung : Masmedia, 2014), h.18.